Become a Innovation Consultant at ZERU
Innovation Consultants | THE BUSINESS ASSOCIATE.
ZERU has a strategic and business management mindset. In addition, we have technical knowledge about various business strategies and exceptional leadership abilities. Using our tools and frameworks, entrepreneurs can receive assistance with research, strategic planning, product innovation, marketing, operations, and project management.
Entrepreneurs that find themselves needing advice and hands-on support for their small business, can rely on us to provide insight and support to help with growth.
Entrepreneurs find the following consultation sessions extemely useful in gaining clarity:
- Vision Boarding
- Goal Mapping
- Personal Branding
- Starting a Business
- Developing a Business
- Money Smarts
- New Product Idea
It is critical for ZERU to build and grow a strong community of members and partners based on trust and innovation. A key part of achieving this is through the way in which we work with others.
We innovate effectively with colleagues and external partners, mutually sharing our skills, knowledge and insights with each other to achieve the best possible results for all and to reduce silo working. Our engagement seeks to not only deliver joint solutions but also to share appropriate information and negotiate new ways of providing services together. In all of our dealings with our partners, we make sure that they feel respected and valued.
There are many reasons to become a consultant. Your role is important in ushering the next generation of small business owner. You are trained in various fromeworks for entrepreneurship and business development. In addition, your significan contributions is published and recognised.
- Everything is classified. Remember that much of what you’ll be exposed to is highly confidential, sometimes including the company’s participation in Zeru. You will be required to sign several non-disclosure and privacy agreements. ZERU's Code of Ethics must be be maintained by all members.
Listening and provide insight. ZERU Consultants are about being there for everyone, being in touch with the real challenges of the client, understanding the real issues within the team who must deliver solutions as well as understanding the issues of the client who the team delivers the solution for.
Join a social company focused on helping the community
ZERU Center is an information technology firm that helps entrepreneurs start or scale a business. Business Associates are the face of the ZERU collaborative experience. Cooperation, Teamwork, Trust, and practicing Effective Communication makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, “To Evolve”. Our smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again no matter what projects we are working on. Business associates uncover business challenges faced by our members and provide real-time solutions.
You will work on various projects to develop ZERU's programs and productivity tools. View detailed job description on O*net
- Position Type: Part-Time, Remote/On-site, Rochester NY
- Average Hours: 20-40 hours/week
- Starting Wage: $16.00/hour
- Earn $36,000 - $45,000/year
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or working toward a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated passion for business management and entrepreneurship
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Some knowledge of retail, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing, and sales, etc.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others Willingness to take personal risks - as seen through leadership roles - in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Engagement Specific Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards
- Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply ZERU and client’s operating policies and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments
- Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
ZERU Center is searching for Public Relations Administrators to develop relationships with current and prospective members, qualify the members by understanding their business operations, financial priorities, objectives, and needs.
You will plan, direct, or coordinate activities designed to create or maintain a favorable public image or raise issue awareness for ZERU and its clients. View full job description on O*net
Public Relations Administrators should be based remotely in New York.
- Position Type: Part-Time, On-site
- Average Hours: 20-40 hours/week
- Starting Wage: $16.00/hour
- Earn $36,000 - $45,000
- Available for remote work within New York State
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Marketing, Advertising & Public Relation, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of business development/sales experience
- Proven track record in presentation skills and art of persuasion – able to close deals with clients.
- Adept in business-to-business selling at a corporate level.
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Socially adept; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to use other strengths and knowledge in formulating responses to client questions/ issues.
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems, including how to structure a project so it makes sense for the company and the client.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events.
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines, skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Develop a strategic communication plan and goals; Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business needs.
- Often closely involved in the sourcing of projects and tracking of project progress.
- Develop sales and marketing packets and presentation to deliver; plan and oversee new marketing/sales initiatives within a territory, product line, or industry
- Remain actively engaged in the industry, both sponsoring and attending important events: attending conferences, meetings, and industry events; contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products, etc.
- Working as a part of a team with project leads and specialists, discern client needs, sell clients on the company as a potential provider, and develop quotes and proposals.
- Become a subject matter expert on the business products, processes, and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news Identifying new sales leads.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Public Relations Administrators will often be required to perform some hands on traveling for logistics purposes and must have flexibility to travel.
ZERU offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
- Sales bonus
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
ZERU is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ZERU’s receipt of an acceptable motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Core Programs @ZERU
How it Works
Business Associate Fundamentals
Our business associate training equips learners with the knowledge and discipline required to effectively plan, manage, execute, and control brands, products and services regardless of industry. You'll learn all about productivity methodologies that help organizations deliver value.
Young Entrepreneur Training
Innovation Skills Learned
Innovation manager knowledge areas, Innovation Stakeholder Management, Innovation manager processes, Innovation environment, Innovation Integration Management, Integrated change control, Earned value management, Quality tools, Organizational theories and leadership styles
Business associate skills are required in nearly all industries like engineering, information technology, construction, and manufacturing. The credential you earn distinguishes you in the job market and enhances your credibility and effectiveness working on projects.
Empower small businesses to reach the next level with this hands-on program aimed at driving growth. Entrepreneurs and their teams will implement practical tools to develop positive habits around motivation, planning, marketing, finance, operations, and people, leading to significant and concrete business benefits
Providing technologies that develops and improves the way entrepreneurs see, hear, smell, taste, feel and experience the world and do business.
Innovation consultants collaborate with you to start or scale a business